The foundation of Yuncos was later than “Palomeque” or “Palomequejo”, a territory adjacent to Yuncos, where the first population center settled, founded before Yuncos, which benefited it and ended up disappearing, as evidenced by documents from the epoch. And the documentation consulted in the Provincial Historical Archive of Toledo.
Yuncos is derived from the Latin ivucos, (rush). According to El Catastro de Ensenada, in 1788 it was originally called “Las Ventas de Unco”, for being a land where many reeds were raised, which shows the great humidity of the soil or the still existing sheets of water.
Around the year 1488, the Catholic Monarchs sold a piece of land in Yuncos and Palomequejo to Don Pedro de Castilla and his wife, Isabel Laso. In Yuncos, due to royal privilege, they did not pay alcabala to the Crown. What favored the municipality and led it in 1634 to separate from Toledo. “Ayto de Yuncos”
The hotel is located in the town of Yuncos, has a population of 11646 inhabitants and an area of 15.1 km². It is one of the 31 municipalities that make up the Comarca of The Sagra within Toledo. Being located on the country’s plateau, the entire landscape surrounding La Sagra is flat with gentle elevations, wich makes it an ideal site for growing cereals, vegetables, vineyards and olive groves. The quality for cultivation is reflected in its gastronomy. We can enjoy incredible breads, stews made with vegetables grown in the area, incredible wines and Manchego cheeses with denomination of origin.
In Yuncos we can find different patrimonial inheritances of interest. It is worth mentioning the building where the town hall is now located, La Casa de Ciriaco, built in 1929 in a neo-Mudejar style and restored in 2003. There is also the Parish Church of San Juan Bautista, which is the current parish church of the town and was erected in the century XVI. Las Casas de la Hidalguía, current Casa Palacio and from the 18th century. And, finally, the San Blas Center, an old flour factory that now functions as a social and cultural center.